I am not a budding photographer and have no illusions about my skills :-) But I do like to keep working on my presentation skills (ala pz and duarte designs) so I went looking for a p&s camera that helps me see the world and record it for future use. I just placed my order for a Canon A590IS. It is perfect for the price(109$) I am paying for it. Plus I got a 4GB SDHC card for 7$ (man, the prices are dropping). It came down to choosing between the Canon A590 and the Fuji Finepix J10. The Canon was my choice due to 3 reasons
- Runs on AA's, I am notorious for losing my charger.
- Has image stabilization built in.
- Has rudimentary face recognition built in.
Here are the links that were helpful to me in my selection process. Hope it helps you.
- http://bit.ly/mT6O (amazon link for the fuji finepix J10)
- http://bit.ly/28ET39 (amazon link for the canon A590 IS)
- http://bit.ly/YGXE (side by side comparison of the two from dpreview)