Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Taking Risks


















I was having lunch with Rick; one of our development managers (real name used so as to give credit where credit is due). He mentioned that one of his values is to encourage his team to embrace risks.

It was then I realized that I actually was in an organization which was not hypocritical. I had gotten used to working for people/companies which liked the buzz word of "smart risks" but did not quite understand what taking a risk means. In my past experience I was encouraged to take risks as long as we did not lose money, lose a sale or have a bad launch. ummmm hello :-) ...

Anyway, thanks Rick and woot! me that I work in an otufit which so far is rocking hard. I am looking forward to creating products which change lives and delight our market. Anything less is not good enough.

No comments: